Question First time Poster! How do I fix GPU spikes?

May 23, 2022
Hello, everyone! I just finished building my first PC and I have a question. On idle, I notice that when going into Task Manager and view my GPU, I see that sometimes it will spike into 100 % usage when I perform tasks on my PC.Also when I visited my GPU company's website to install the drivers, there were a few downloadable drivers to choose from and I downloaded a few that I thought might work. I eventually found the working driver for my GPU, but I have like 3 other GPU files on my PC that I don't use. My question is, is there a way for me to prevent these spikes from happening on my GPU? I installed my GPU drivers and everything, so I'm seeing if there is a setting that's making this happen. It looks like it spikes when I browse settings, files, apps, etc. Thanks! Also, here are my PC specs:

Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor

Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 RGB 69.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

ASUS ROG STRIX rtx 3090 OC

Fractal Design Torrent ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit - My OS updated to Windows 11, since it met the requirements.

Thank you!

May 23, 2022
Task Manager will show you in the Processes tab which application is using the GPU. If you can narrow down which one it is, it'll help a lot in troubleshooting this.

Thanks for the reply! Alright, I took a screenshot of when it happened and it looks like these are the apps that are High:

Animalware Service Executable

Discord

Microsoft Edge

Game Manager Service

Razer Cortex

View: https://imgur.com/a/9EV2NjA

I haven't seen any that have, no
Well at the moment I don't think anything is a problem per se. Also I should've mentioned the graph in Task Manager on the left side uses whichever GPU engine (there's actually a dozen or so, you can change through them by clicking on the graph header) has the highest activity. So if you had a video on a website playing, that could cause it to be active for a bit because it's hitting the GPU video decoder.