[SOLVED] First time PSU change

Sep 5, 2020
Hi,

yesterday night I changed my computer's PSU for the very first time. I have never done this on my own before. My ex always helped me build my PC in the past, but I don't want to ask him.

The good news is that my PC still works after the surgery. Yay!!

I made a small mistake though and I thought I would better ask someone more competent on this before I hurt myself ^^

I think I accidentally bent a PIN of the 24 PIN ATX slot on my mainboard (yes, I'm blonde) which caused the cable to not fully plug in. I tried it with a lot of force, but it did not work.

I only realized it this morning!! I used very small tweezers to bring the PIN back in the correct position and it finally plugged fully in.

My question is whether it's safe to continue using the PC as before now? It seems to work just fine, but I'm not very experienced in any of this.

I want to avoid buying a new mainboard. I'm a poor student.

The PSU I bought is a "Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650w GOLD". Is this a durable one?

Thank you very very much guys!!

Jasmine

Solution
Hi,

yesterday night I changed my computer's PSU for the very first time. I have never done this on my own before. My ex always helped me build my PC in the past, but I don't want to ask him.

I made a small mistake though and I thought I would better ask someone more competent on this before I hurt myself ^^

I think I accidentally bent a PIN of the 24 PIN ATX slot on my mainboard (yes, I'm blonde) which caused the cable to not fully plug in. I tried it with a lot of force, but it did not work.

I only realized it this morning!! I used very small tweezers to bring the PIN back in the correct position and it finally plugged fully in.

My question is whether it's safe...
Hi,

My question is whether it's safe to continue using the PC as before now? It seems to work just fine, but I'm not very experienced in any of this.

I want to avoid buying a new mainboard. I'm a poor student.

The PSU I bought is a "Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650w GOLD". Is this a durable one?

Thank you very very much guys!!

Jasmine

Welcome to the forums!
The worry with the pins is breaking one off. They are delicate. If you were successful returning it to position and the system boots and runs fine I wouldn't worry about it.

The Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650w GOLD is a high quality model and occupies a position on Tier A here on the PSU quality list at Tom's, the highest tier. You made a fine choice. Cheers!

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution