First time rig builder

bryanfrombiloxi

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hey guys, my name's Bryan. I'm pretty new to computers and stuff and I wanted to build my first PC. The PC I want to build would be strictly for gaming. Console gaming is dumb, and the Xbox One is a fail. I'm in the process of selling some stuff and working to build said computer. I've never built a PC before so I'm trying to get as much help as possible. I don't want to shell out serious cash for something that could have been much better. To answer general questions:

-I would like to have purchased and completed the computer by July 18th

-My budget range is around 700$

-System usage for gaming... thats pretty much it. I'll use my laptop for other stuff

-I don't think I need a monitor, I have an HD TV, so I can just use that right?

-I'm not sure if I need to purchase a OS yet or if I can get Windows 7 for free. If I could get it free that would save me a lot of cash. I'm just a broke college student.

-Don't care what site the parts come from

-I would like to overclock, but I've never done it before, and I would have to learn.

-My TV whcih i plan on using as a monitor is 1920 x 1080

- Here is a current build of what I plan to put together: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZPjm (any advice on it would be fantastic)

-I would like my PC to be as upgradeable as possible for down the road. I'd rather spend a little more and be able to upgrade here and there than to have to start from scratch all over again in a year or something. If I can upgrade my CPU, RAM, GPU, MOBA, whatever that would be great. I don't know that that makes a difference.

bryanfrombiloxi

Honorable
May 26, 2013

July at the latest. I was planning on buying pieces of it here and there like the case, hard drive, etc, then get the other stuff when the money comes.

bryanfrombiloxi

Honorable
May 26, 2013

Do you think I could build as is and upgrade the ram later? What kind of performance could I expect from this build on games like Battlefield 3 or Skyrim? Or even newer games like Company of Heroes 2

bryanfrombiloxi

Honorable
May 26, 2013

Gotcha. Will do.