Question First time setting up AIO ---- question about fan warning from BIOS ?

Exoeros

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
First time AIO user here so i'm a bit confused on the proper setup for an AIO when it comes to fan monitoring. In the bios the monitoring for the AIO does show up and I can see the rpm if that matters.
I've tried looking into this a little bit but i'm getting conflicting threads of information on if I can just set the fan monitoring to ignore or not.
As far as I can tell I hooked everything up to where it was supposed to go, the headers I used were specifically labeled AIO pump.
In a couple of threads I looked at it sounded as if I should spoof the cpu fan by placing a random fan in the case on that header which I was confused about.
Either way if any further information is needed please tell me because I wasn't sure of what all would help for information. I think I was looking for some advice on things like if I installed it correctly like I think I did would this type of thing not happen?

MB: TUF gaming h670-pro wifi d4
AIO: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
Bios: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1601, 7/7/2022
Just updated the bios before making the post and all my drivers are up to date too.

Thanks for any help, sorry if my information is scattered.

First time AIO user here so i'm a bit confused on the proper setup for an AIO when it comes to fan monitoring. In the bios the monitoring for the AIO does show up and I can see the rpm if that matters.
I've tried looking into this a little bit but i'm getting conflicting threads of information on if I can just set the fan monitoring to ignore or not.
As far as I can tell I hooked everything up to where it was supposed to go, the headers I used were specifically labeled AIO pump.
In a couple of threads I looked at it sounded as if I should spoof the cpu fan by placing a random fan in the case on that header which I was confused about.
Either way if any further information is needed please tell me because I wasn't sure of what all would help for information. I think I was looking for some advice on things like if I installed it correctly like I think I did would this type of thing not happen?

Just updated the bios before making the post and all my drivers are up to date too.

General if you are using the aio header you need to disable the CPU fan hear and enable the aio header in bios

Pump to AIO_Pump header and radiator fans to CPU_FAN so you can regulate speeds separately.
PS::
Some MBs do not have AIO_Pump header adjustable but W_PUMP headers are. In any case, AIO pumps are usually best off running at 100%.

Reactions: white.a.drew

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
What CountMike suggests is good for many systems. However, the Corsair was designed a little differently and you may NOT be able to plug those rad fans into the CPU_FAN header - they may have used non-standard connectors on those fans. What Corsair designed for this system, though, is that power and control of the RAD FANS should be done by their iCUE software package, and the fans need to be plugged into connector sockets on the PUMP for this. You DO plug the PUMP into the mobo AIO_PUMP header, and nothing into the CPU_FAN header. This does cause error messages because that CPU_FAN header detects NO CPU cooler device. YOU know that is not true, of course. So yes, if there is a way for you to tell BIOS Setup to ignore the fan signal on the CPU_FAN header, that is the correct step. The mobo still WILL monitor the speed signal from the PUMP on the AIO_PUMP header for possible failure, and possible fan failure will be monitored by iCUE. Ensure, of course, that you do have a cable connected from a mobo USB2 header to a socket on the PUMP, and that iCUE is installed and operating.

With this plan, BIOS Setup will tell you there is no fan speed on the CPU_FAN, and may tell you that the speed reported from the AIO_PUMP header is a "fan speed". The truth is the iCUE is the right place to get pump and rad fan info with the proper labels.

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew