[SOLVED] First time SSD user here, got a few questions.

Nov 2, 2019
Hello everyone! I just got myself a new pc and this time instead of buying a HDD, I decided to go with an only-SSD system. As this is my first time even seeing one of these bad boys, I have no idea how to handle them. Now its installed and thats not what I'm worried about, I am rather thinking about its maintenance and such. I will be gaming and using it for the daily tasks and I have got an external drive for storage.

So my question is; do I really need to check out those complicated "maintenance" and such programs, or could I just go about my day using it ? As I said before, I won't be pushing it too hard or anything, all I want is for it to last long and without problems.

Solution
Forget all those maintenance things. Don't need to do anything special.
The only thing you need to do is not let it get too full.

Like no more than 80%.
On a 500GB drive, don't go over 400GB consumed space.
Hello everyone! I just got myself a new pc and this time instead of buying a HDD, I decided to go with an only-SSD system. As this is my first time even seeing one of these bad boys, I have no idea how to handle them. Now its installed and thats not what I'm worried about, I am rather thinking about its maintenance and such. I will be gaming and using it for the daily tasks and I have got an external drive for storage.

So my question is; do I really need to check out those complicated "maintenance" and such programs, or could I just go about my day using it ? As I said before, I won't be pushing it too hard or anything, all I want is for it to last long and without problems.
Windows will go through and weekly run optimization. What it is doing is running TRIM to make sure the SSD is where it should be in terms of cleanup. You can check to make sure TRIM is enabled https://www.windowscentral.com/how-ensure-trim-enabled-windows-10-speed-ssd-performance but it should be by default.

Nov 2, 2019
Windows will go through and weekly run optimization. What it is doing is running TRIM to make sure the SSD is where it should be in terms of cleanup. You can check to make sure TRIM is enabled https://www.windowscentral.com/how-ensure-trim-enabled-windows-10-speed-ssd-performance but it should be by default.

Forget all those maintenance things. Don't need to do anything special.
The only thing you need to do is not let it get too full.

Like no more than 80%.
On a 500GB drive, don't go over 400GB consumed space.

Thank you both. It is a Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't plan on storing too much on it anyway. Cheers!