• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

First upgrade to current gen (CPU,MOBO,RAM)

Oct 10, 2018
Hello everyone!
I am quite stressed about this matter since it will be the first time I will upgrade, so I am trying to get as much info as possible about what could be done better or maybe any issues.

My current PC: Medion prebuilt: CPU: intel g3250; mobo: old and not for gaming; RAM; 4gb ddr3 @566Mhz; HDD: 1tb Toshiba that is in pure agony; GPU: Zotac GTX 1050; PSU; forgot brand but 350w.

Now I got this pc for 200€ about a year ago. My birthday is soon to come and I will get more money than I need so I’ll put it into the upgrade I want to make.

The upgrade I want to make is: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 wraith stealth cooler @170€;; MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-AB350M gaming 3 (rev 1.0) //whatdoesthismean?\\ @100€;; RAM: G.Skill 16Gb DDR4-3200mhz 3200C16D-16GVKB 160€.

Will the upgrade be very good ?
Does it put me up to this gen?
Is it worth the price or are they inflated?

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2018
I am from Belgium.
I’d like to know how the motherboard is overcharging so I can learn.
Those upgrades will come with time but PSU is vital.
450€.