[SOLVED] Fitted M2 ssd ,copied boot files using macrium reflect

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
original H/D is a 1T seagate new SSD is a evo 970 1T System boots but takes a fair while ,that's why I checked the bios the other day the seagate is ST31000528AS which appears to be the boot drive .and ST1000DM010-EP102. Weird thing is on boot up it looks in the CD drive?

USAFRet

Titan
original H/D is a 1T seagate new SSD is a evo 970 1T System boots but takes a fair while ,that's why I checked the bios the other day the seagate is ST31000528AS which appears to be the boot drive .and ST1000DM010-EP102. Weird thing is on boot up it looks in the CD drive?
If the system runs with ONLY the original drive connected, we can redo this clone, properly.

So...does it run like that?

Please show us a screencap of the Disk Management window.

snowy12

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Hi
As the drives do not have their maker listed it's a little hard to work our ,but I would reckon New volume F is lightly to be the M2 drive as it is the only other 1T drive .
d drive is my CD drive E drive has several Backup sets on it and D drive both partions are MT

You only "cloned" the C drive, the boot files are on the 100mb efi partition (first partition on the first disk)

You can run easybcd and create(deploy) a bcdstore and an MBR on volume E (the cloned drive) load said bcdstore and add volume E to it's boot menu. You should read a few guides on easybcd before you try this, if you screw things up you could end up with a system that doesn't boot at all anymore.

So you should make a windows installation media USB/DVD, with your exact version of windows, so you have a way to repair your windows and get back into it.

USAFRet

Titan
OK...your C drive is one of the 2 Seagate HDDs?

Your DM windows is showing that C drive as to be 96% full. About 900GB actual consumed space.
For a proper successful clone, that consumed space MUST be below 800GB.

Not sure what you did, but it wasn't a "clone".