Five USB 3.0 Flash Drives For Your Pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I know these technologies are more toward the "bleeding edge," but it's nice to know that manufacturers see it as enough of a market to start making products. Maybe USB 3.0 will make it mainstream relatively soon.

G

Would you be able to use the 128GB as a boot drive for win7 and how would they fall in price/performance between sata ssd and a VelociRaptor?

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]reclusiveorc[/nom]Would you be able to use the 128GB as a boot drive for win7 and how would they fall in price/performance between sata ssd and a VelociRaptor?[/citation]
I have been saying this to people for years, that one day you will have your whole PC installation on a flash drive. Just plug into a PC, boot from the flash drive and everything is there.

bCubed

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Too bad it will still be some time before usb 3.0 will become mainstream and even longer for extremely good drives to come out

G

I've read that the SuperTalent Express drive runs very hot. Did you notice this, and would it be a problem?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]jpaul_johnson[/nom]I've read that the SuperTalent Express drive runs very hot. Did you notice this, and would it be a problem?[/citation]
The big SuperTalent drive was warm, but I don't see that as being a problem. None of the drives were uncomfortably hot.

willc

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Great article. With flash drives becoming more popular, it's good to know which ones are the best to go with.

ghanz84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Please share with us what's the file system used on the drives in this review(FAT32 or NTFS) & were they tested with the default filesystems that they were shipped with?
The reason for asking is cos the FS will affect the performance.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]ghanz84[/nom]Please share with us what's the file system used on the drives in this review(FAT32 or NTFS) & were they tested with the default filesystems that they were shipped with?The reason for asking is cos the FS will affect the performance.[/citation]Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.