Five Ways Apple Can Fix the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Tuan you better be careful, if Marcus Yam gets wind of this you know he'll be coming for you.

NOBODY CORRECTS APPLE'S MISTAKES...I MEAN FEATURES! NOBODY!

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Haha yes, I agree with nukemaster. They're saving this stuff for gen 2/3. If they had all of this on release there wouldn't be much to expand to. and you missed two key things:

1. front facing camera
2. GPS

G

All of the points you made can easily be fixed from the software side, and you could just have a display port out added to the dock or as an accessory, and you can just wirelessly transfer data nowadays screw even wasting money on or even using a sd card.

G

and the front facing camera would be realllllly nice, although maybe a camera accessory can be made? Maybe GPS will work on the iPad I dont see why not, I mean you can get 3G and it has a compass

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Tuan, I agree with most of your point. iPad can defintely be better .. and many of the problem can be addressed by some software modification.

However for your information, Apple does have an optional accessory that will allow us to read our SD card. "iPad Camera Connection Kit
The Camera Connection Kit gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera. The Camera Connector lets you import your photos and videos to iPad using the camera’s USB cable. Or you can use the SD Card Reader to import photos and videos directly from the camera’s SD card." (http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/)

I am pretty said that the video outpout of iPad is not even 720P.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Haha yes, I agree with nukemaster. They're saving this stuff for gen 2/3. If they had all of this on release there wouldn't be much to expand to. and you missed two key things:1. front facing camera2. GPS[/citation]

It does have Assisted GPS like the iPhone. But you're right, a built in webcam would have been nice. I'll add that.

/ Tuan

jasperjones

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]It does have Assisted GPS like the iPhone. But you're right, a built in webcam would have been nice. I'll add that./ Tuan[/citation]

Only if you buy the 3G version. The basic WiFi model comes without GPS.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Pharge, video output is 768p ;) But yeah, it's still a couple k of pixels away from 720.

I see soooo many problems with this device. At the same time, if I had a choice between a kindle DX and a 16Gb iPad, not hard to say which would win for the same price!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
You also forgot sync with car radio, BlueTooth capabilities for your phone. Come on, really. They already have the capability to do these things. How can they be omitted?

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Yeah, USB would be a big fix. You can get adopters to deal with SD cards or potable HDs so you can transfer/view your media. Please change the god damn name. I wouldn't be caught dead with an ipad. I would be mocked by my peers (I would do it to them too) but really ipad... I could stand itablet or itouch-roid ED. but ipad no thanks. Apple has their work cut out for them to make this "revolutionary" because i don't see anything considered "revolutionary" besides its new underused CPU.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Flame me for this one, but I thought I'd politely mention "suppose" should be "supposed." I would let it go normally but it shows up sooo many times. Pointing out this single error will fix 10 things! How's that for doing more with less?

Imagine if Apple took the same approach with their new tampon.

fflam

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
it would be nice if they added a stylus writing feature like the old newton. it would be great to be able to take it into a class (or any device for that matter) and be able to wright out notes for class (or even office meetings). then "sync" it some how to a laptop or other computer. i just find that typing notes in a class room can get annoying when drawing graphs or images from teachers.

G

I will not buy the iPad until:

a) Flash memory is user upgradeable
b) Battery is user replaceable

-- steve

Status
Not open for further replies.