Question Fix boot linux partition dual boot win XP with PLOP

Nov 20, 2019
Hello,
this is the situation: I have an hd with win XP (native/preinstalled) and Antix linux (cloned partition) installed.
The boot manager is PLOP because the Nettop has no CD, no drives and the bios doesn't support boot from USB (that's why I need PLOP).
I cloned the linux partition from a working installation in another hd but I don't know how to make it bootable from PLOP.
Could someone give me a hint on how to do that?
I believe I have to do something with MBR or istall GRUB on the linux partition, but I don't want to make mistakes.
Thanks!

PS: Could it be that I have to install grub on the partition and not to the MBR where PLOP is (otherwise I will overwrite PLOP)?
I mean, should I have to do something like: grub-install /dev/sda3 (that's the Antix partition)?

Last edited:
Usb and HDD use different drivers so this should not work at all.
You will have to use a distro that supports live mode from cd/dvd because that also supports USB.
If antix is such a distro you need a new live install to this usb.You can use rufus or yumi to make the USB.

After that you might end up having to use two different USBs one to load up plop and then the other one with the distro unless you install plop on your hard drive which is pretty easy.

Nov 20, 2019
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain the situation as I should.
I have already installed PLOP in the MBR and it's working great, USB support is perfect.
I have already a Win XP installed in the system on partition sda1 and it starts as it should when selected through PLOP.
I have cloned the root partition of Antix linux of another HD (that works there) and it's now called sda3.
What I need now is to install a boot loader for this cloned linux partition on the partition (not in the MBR), I tried with grub but received some errors, now I'm trying with LILO hoping it works.