[SOLVED] Fix broken mini 4 pin pwm connector on GPU

Jun 4, 2020
I recently changed the stock cooler on my 2080 Ti and ass part of this had to remove the stock cooler, which had a mini 4 pin pwm header where the stock fans connected. Unfortunately I managed to break one of the fan cables where it meets the connector as seen here: View: https://imgur.com/a/GbL7lim

Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this? I can't find where to buy the mini pwm headers and am unsure exactly how to repin a connector such as this.

Luckily the new cooler all works well, just want to fix the stock cooler as i'll likely move back to it at some point. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or any companies that would be able to would be appreciated.

Solution
Those pins are clamp type, you can’t reuse em in an elegant way.
What you can do is get a new or used fan (same connector) and even if the fan is different just use the harness soldering the wires and fitting a heat-shrink tube for insulation. Alternatively, new connector should be 3-5$ but is hard to find, an adapter that can be used as harness donor is 3$.
Those pins are clamp type, you can’t reuse em in an elegant way.
What you can do is get a new or used fan (same connector) and even if the fan is different just use the harness soldering the wires and fitting a heat-shrink tube for insulation. Alternatively, new connector should be 3-5$ but is hard to find, an adapter that can be used as harness donor is 3$.

Last edited:
Solution