Fix Easy Anti Cheat

LeShepherd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
Hey guys so I'm getting pretty frustrated. All of a sudden almost all my Ubisoft games (Farcry 5 and ghost wildlands) except for The division for some reason, cant play because they keep saying " Launch error: cannot create service (StartService failed: 1058). Nothing that i found online seems to help. I tried reinstalling the games and it still does the same thing. I looked in services.msc and i found it was disabled but there in no way of putting it at automatic.

Need help guys Please.

Solution
Is Far Cry 5 a Steam game? Steam by habit likes to keep your settings online so if you like the way you're settings are, it remembers them for your convenience. A neat thing for saving your game settings (if you need to reload games) but sometimes remembers and saves crashes and other weird anomalies. In the right circumstances or situations it triggers the crash and your game or computer goes down. Look for the 'default' or 'default settings' or a switch to go back to default in the game. It clears the crashes and whatever game hang-ups Steam remembers. Make sure you write down your game settings because they will be gone too. It doesn't work in all situations but it's worth a try. Hope this helps.

Rexer

Distinguished
Is Far Cry 5 a Steam game? Steam by habit likes to keep your settings online so if you like the way you're settings are, it remembers them for your convenience. A neat thing for saving your game settings (if you need to reload games) but sometimes remembers and saves crashes and other weird anomalies. In the right circumstances or situations it triggers the crash and your game or computer goes down. Look for the 'default' or 'default settings' or a switch to go back to default in the game. It clears the crashes and whatever game hang-ups Steam remembers. Make sure you write down your game settings because they will be gone too. It doesn't work in all situations but it's worth a try. Hope this helps.

Solution