Question Fix faulty (or something else) VRAM ?

Feb 16, 2021
Ok so, when i bought my pc i played games normal, then installed gta v (the pc still new), it worked as normal, then after a year i reinstalled the same windows and virus cleaned my pc then when i opened gta v it worked for 3 minutes then it crashed and for years i haven't found whats causing the crash, it happened on another game (just cause 3) then few years after i thought to check task manager and see the info of my gpu when its running gta v, and i saw that when it reached more than 2gb of vram usage it instantly crashes, i tried to open it again and i saw the vram usage at 1.9 i minimized it and didn't have any crash then i opened again and kept playing and again it crashed on 2gb of vram usage, today i found a video to how to fix or at least try to fix faulty vram is to use msi afterburner to underclock the memory clock and or gpu clock i still didn't try that because i didn't know if its safe, or can you guys suggest a software to limmit or restrict the vram usage to 1.9gb or maybe trick my pc to thinking that my card is 2gb vram? Or maybe trick the game.
Help???

bccorrupt

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
It's normal for the computer to use all of the available ram and vram when playing a game. Does it give a specific error code? What are your temps on the gpu and cpu? What are the details of your system and power supply?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS