fix hard drive

Mar 18, 2018
Hello

I was wiping my hard drive on my Toshiba all in one and had a power outage for 2 seconds and screwed it
My question is when i press F2 and go through Bios it comes up with the pixie thing and says no bootable device how do i fix it or is it stuffed all together ???????
Bloody power companies

Thanks

Solution
Hi

We dont know what model of Toshiba or what version of Windows you have

If Windows 10 you can easily & legally download win 10 (lattest version) and put it onto a bootable USB or DVD
get Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft

Then goto Toshiba support website for specific device drivers

If you have Retail version of Win 7 or 8 you can also download a Windows iso file from Microsoft
(providing you can still find the key)

what software did you use to wipe the hard disk?

DBAN is the most popular for older PC's (secure boot UEFI setting blocks it from running)

regards
Mike Barnes
if you did not wipe out the restore partion that on most of the newer laptops you should be able to hit a key at power up and reinstall the factory os. if not call the vendor for a small fee they send you a disk or let you download the iso for the laptop.

Hi

We dont know what model of Toshiba or what version of Windows you have

If Windows 10 you can easily & legally download win 10 (lattest version) and put it onto a bootable USB or DVD
get Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft

Then goto Toshiba support website for specific device drivers

If you have Retail version of Win 7 or 8 you can also download a Windows iso file from Microsoft
(providing you can still find the key)

what software did you use to wipe the hard disk?

DBAN is the most popular for older PC's (secure boot UEFI setting blocks it from running)

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution