ramonsierra

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I bought this Motherboard last year to build a desktop
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1084&CategoryID=1&MenuID=19&LanID=0

But got an emergency and had to spend my money in other stuff, now i broke my laptop screen and they are charging me with 300 dlls to fix it, and Iam not really happy with my laptop performance at all the baterry only last 30 mins, its a Dell Vostro 1320. So I tought i could Build a desktop with the motherboard i have.
Problem is that It only Supports 95 watts proccesors, its Sata II and have just 1 Pci-e 2.0. It was ok when i got it and its brand new.

I live in Mexico , so i cant really ask for you guys to help me choose from a website so my question is would i see some improvement if i builded this.

My Laptop specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 2.20Ghz
Intel(r) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
4gb DDR2 RAM PC2-6400 (400mhz)
160GB SSD

Next desktop:
Phenom x2 555 Be
ESC A785GM-AD3
6850 Saphire
4 Gbs 1600mhz
Samsumg Spinpoint Sata II
cooler master plus 600 watts

Would i See Any Diferrence At All When Surfing and Watching Videos?? My brother Got a New Macbook Air 2011 with a SSD Sata 3, and i really Love it and if i Could I would Want to get one Can i Put One on the Esc Motherboard That i have? Or Should i Just Fix my laptop and get a vidock 4 with a gtx 460.

Solution
yes. sell your laptop, but take the ssd first, of course.
that motherboard seems to be pretty good. Plus, you can crossfire if you ever need more graphics power. (which you only would really need for gaming)
also, you probably would want to purchase an hdd for storage (like a samsung spinpoint f3)

morgoth780

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
you really wouldn't see a big difference when doing either of those tasks. However, if you do plan to game, it would most likely be best to get the desktop, with a few revisions. First off, get at least a phenom II x4. Second, don't get a cooler master psu if possible. Let's just say it won't end well. Get either antec, seasonic, xfx, or pc power and cooling. Are you sure it's an ssd? I highly doubt that it would be. However, if it is, you can take it out of your laptop and put in your desktop. Also, how many dlls would it take to build that desktop?

ramonsierra

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
It would be 530 Dlls No More , So should i just Get another motherboard? because the one i have only support 95 Watts Cpus so i wont be able to use a Phenom X4, About That Brands on psu, its SUPER RARE, to find them, we have "Actek" that Is a Copy of Antec lol , So thats why i was going CoolerMaster its the "Best" here... And Yes, It Is an Solid State Drive that cost me 120 Dlls in dell Website on Mexico.

morgoth780

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
ok, so i'd take the ssd from your laptop, keep the cooler master as it seems to be the best you can get(they do have ones that are good, it just depends on which individual one you get). You should probably get a new motherboard, if you can fit it in your budget, but if not, you could go with the phenom x2

morgoth780

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
yes. sell your laptop, but take the ssd first, of course.
that motherboard seems to be pretty good. Plus, you can crossfire if you ever need more graphics power. (which you only would really need for gaming)
also, you probably would want to purchase an hdd for storage (like a samsung spinpoint f3)

Solution

ramonsierra

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
its so hard to get Stuff here, But thanks to you Now i Know what to get, Thank you For your time =). gonna go

Phenom x4 980
and Any Ssd Sata 3 with 60 gb cuz the one inside my lap is Sata II.
and the Asus motherboard.

thx man. Sad Part is that they are offering me 260 Dlls for my Laptop. Sad Days.