earth_moist666

Prominent
Jul 23, 2020
When i connect any monitor to my laptop it displays purple colored dead pixels, and sometimes the screen flickers when i touch the HDMI cable. I've tried multiple cables and displays but the problem keeps persisting. When i connect the cables and monitors to another laptop it seems to work fine. I also tried updating my GPU drivers. I own a HP laptop with an i7-9750H and a 1660ti max-Q. Is there any way of resolving my problem other than having to ship my laptop containing all my data to the manufacturer for repairs?

picture of the problem:

Solution
Is there any way of resolving my problem other than having to ship my laptop containing all my data to the manufacturer for repairs?
You can backup all of your critical date prior to sending it out in case they replace the entire laptop and not repair the port.

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for the laptop? Might want to use DDU and uninstall your GPU drivers prior to reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Are you on Windows 10 version 2004?

Lutfij

Titan
Is there any way of resolving my problem other than having to ship my laptop containing all my data to the manufacturer for repairs?
You can backup all of your critical date prior to sending it out in case they replace the entire laptop and not repair the port.

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for the laptop? Might want to use DDU and uninstall your GPU drivers prior to reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Are you on Windows 10 version 2004?

Solution
I think this needs a factory fix.
Back up all of your critical data to an external device.
You should probably be doing this regularly, regardless.
Then use the option to reset your laptop to factory specs.
That should get rid of any private data.
You might test your external monitor again to be certain that the problem still persists before sending it in for repair.