[SOLVED] [Fixed, fix below] Pc Crashing Randomly after new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2020
a System Info log, a few error logs from Event Viewer and Empyrion's error.log can be found below at the bottom :)

So a while back we started have load shedding again. (South Africa's attempt to save power by turning cities on and off, day after day) Then one day my computer started restarting on it's own in a loop without getting to the Bios/Post. I replaced/swapped hardware and figured out the motherboard was faulty. I replaced the faulty gigabyte H61 rev 2.2 with a spare Foxconn H61 I got laying around.(Worked perfectly in another Pc)

I finally got the pc to boot. All my old hardware was put into the new motherboard. Same CPU, GPU, RAM.... everything. Keep in mind that the Gigabyte H61 with the same hardware worked with no problems.

Now getting to the point..... I first noticed something weird when played a game call 7 Days To Die, The game freezes(the frame didn't update) but I was still in the game, I could hear sound when moving. I closed the game (using task manger) and relaunched the game and continued playing. It crashed a few times and I thought the game was the problem.

Then I tested another game, just to be safe, Empyrion Galactic Survival, it has the exact same problem except the game freezes and creates a error log(link to error log on pastebin can be found below). I looked though it and noticed that d3d11.dll caused a problem. I forced the game with d3d10 (by adding -force-d3d10.dll to the shortcut) and had the same problem just with d3d10.dll instead of d3d11.dll. Other programs also crashed randomly and every time the d3d11.dll caused the problem. The programs/Games doesn't crash on start instead while using it.

I reinstalled directX a few times and yet I still have the same problem. I did a clean install of windows 10, installed latest graphics drivers and used the web installer of directX and I still have the problem. I tried to use Unreal Engine and it also crashed leaving a trace of d3d11.dll in the error log. (Previously Unreal Engine worked perfectly and I'm using the same installed files so no changes to the program itself)

Please, Please help me I don't know what to do anymore. If there are any System information you need just let me know and I'll respond ASAP.

Thanks in advance

P.S sooooo sorry if there are any misspelled words or bad sentence construction. English isn't my first language.

Empyrion Error Log:
https://pastebin.com/jagGEvDE

Event Viewer Errors:
https://pastebin.com/25KbTgKe

System Information:
https://filebin.net/1twd7d16ga7szdl2

Solution
You need to do more than just reinstall drivers. A motherboard swap. Especially to a completely different model, requires, at a minimum, a reinstallation of Windows.
Mar 30, 2020
Did you reinstall all the drivers after swapping the motherboard?
Yes I reinstall all the drivers. I tried 4 different versions of the drivers for my GPU from Very old, Old, few weeks ago and the latest.... And all 4 had the same problem with no improvement. So after that I reinstalled windows and tried all 4 drivers versions on the newly installed windows and still had the problem.

Mar 30, 2020
You need to do more than just reinstall drivers. A motherboard swap. Especially to a completely different model, requires, at a minimum, a reinstallation of Windows.
I did reinstalled Windows. Then I tried 4 different versions of the drivers for my GPU. And all 4 had the same problem with no improvement. Not even a clean Windows did the trick :(

Mar 30, 2020
I found the problem! Thanks to all willing to help I appreciate it.

Fix: Uninstall MSI Afterburner or/and RivaTuner(similar apps could cause the problem) and RESTART THS COMPUTER. I previously removed it without restarting and the problem was still present until I restarted the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.