[SOLVED] Fixed my broken Hard Drive by hitting it, Will it fail me again in the future?

Feb 9, 2022
So, one day out of the blue my pc started lagging. I restarted my PC and then it was stuck on a boot-loop.
With further inspection, I realized my hard drive was not spinning now. It being in warranty I filed for an RMA and kept it. A few hours later I hit it out of frustration and it generated a click. I was baffled, I then connected it to my PC and it worked. It now works flawlessly and speeds are good as well.
What went wrong? and is it safe to use this Hard Disk now or should I still give it for RMA?

So, one day out of the blue my pc started lagging. I restarted my PC and then it was stuck on a boot-loop.
With further inspection, I realized my hard drive was not spinning now. It being in warranty I filed for an RMA and kept it. A few hours later I hit it out of frustration and it generated a click. I was baffled, I then connected it to my PC and it worked. It now works flawlessly and speeds are good as well.
What went wrong? and is it safe to use this Hard Disk now or should I still give it for RMA?
Flip a coin.
If you decide to keep it keep good backups.
Or rma the unit and get a new disk.
Your call.