[SOLVED] [FIXED] PC is incredibly slow after cleaning, help

Aug 28, 2022
Hello, yesterday I cleaned out the inside of my PC with compressed air. The only thing I took out was my CPU heatsink, which I made sure was on correctly when I put it back in. When I started my computer after making sure all of the fans and everything was working correctly everything was fine until I actually tried to open programs, that was when it became crazy slow. It takes so long for it to complete the simplest tasks. I can't pleasantly play any games, I can't even open my browser or really do anything without it taking minutes to fully load.

My specs are:
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
Motherboard: Intel B75 V124A
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB

The only thing I took out was my CPU heatsink, which I made sure was on correctly when I put it back in.
Your cpu most likely is overheating.

There is a specific procedure to reinstall intel stock cooler. You do have intel stock cpu cooler? Right?
If you don't do the procedure correctly, you end up with bad contact between cpu cooler and cpu.

Pay attention to step #5 in the instruction below (you most likely have omitted this step).

resettingpushpins4.jpg

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005852/processors.html