Question Fixed Problem With My New RTX 3090 Feels Sluggish

Upgraded my 2080ti to 3090 this week started playing call of duty and my games really feel sluggish. There been times i can play good but now my games feel so slow any help because wipped all my ddu drivers twice and installed it again? All i know just checked MSI afterburner and my GPU speed gose upto 2000MHZ. I think could be the OC fault thats been happening and just wondering because using MSI afterburner to downclock my GPU and it works pefect speed 1725MHZ upto 18.00mhz games runs smoothly.

MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Ventus 3X 24GB OC GPU
CPU-10900k
RAM-32GB 3200MHZ
PSU-EVGA 1000W
MONITOR-ACER 4K 144HZ

Last edited:
Reactions: fluidz
Almost all modern GPUs OC on their own when temperatures and power allows them. To OC to a frequency that almost "crashes" is something that shouldn't happen. You might have a bad GPU there. Ofcourse with the situation as is with Nvidia supply of 3000, I would keep it downclocked and use it till the situation normalises and then RMA the card.

Almost all modern GPUs OC on their own when temperatures and power allows them. To OC to a frequency that almost "crashes" is something that shouldn't happen. You might have a bad GPU there. Ofcourse with the situation as is with Nvidia supply of 3000, I would keep it downclocked and use it till the situation normalises and then RMA the card.

I thought Nvidia will be sorting out this OC issue but to be honest with RMA kinda no point because games do not crash but I can downclock it below 2000 and having speed go upto 1800-1900 in OC and runs smoothly without crashing then thats fine by me but only time would RMA it i have to downclock it below the boost!. But right now it just stuck at 1725 and my gpu is classed as OC GPU also keeping my 2080ti just incase something happens!

65ViuKv.png

My game running smoothly with 1875mhz am still happy with the gpu that it can reach this speed because wanted to buy OC card anyway so would have to use MSI afterburner at times

NUtjVge.png

Last edited: