Question [FIXED] RAM was causing crashes/reboots, eventually no post. Possible Faulty Stick. Replaced RAM, system started. Now BSOD random, daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2022
First my system specs:
MB: b350m Gaming pro
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
OLD RAM that was causing issues: Patriot 2x8g 3200Mhz
RAM (that is giving BSODs I think): Corsair LPX 2666 2x16GB

Update: Minidumps here: https://files.catbox.moe/amfkka.zip

Ok to sum up what's happened so far...
Couple weeks ago, computer started rebooting/crashing bad. Then eventually it wouldn't even come back up until I removed one of the RAM sticks.
Figured one of the sticks was bad. Replaced the RAM and PC started fine. Setup XMP to right speeds, But then random, daily BSOD's would start with different errors below.
I've tried LOTS of things already:
  • chkdsk for errors. Seem fine.
  • Memory test (via windows... not thorough I know, but came out clean)
  • Combinations of no overclocking, stock clocks, xmp, no xmp... same issue.
  • increasing and decreasing voltage... (up to 1.35v) same problems
  • Updating drivers (amd chipset, lan drivers, etc)
  • Updating bios
  • Windows update
  • Removing scpv driver listed in the logs...
  • Updating gpu drivers
  • Other things... I'll updates as I remember.

Frustrating thing is how random it is... if it was a crash at startup or not even posting it'd be so much easier to troubleshoot.
Seems like the BSOD's below happen kinda ramdonly. Sometimes 12 hrs of uptime. Sometimes after an entire day. Sometimes an hour. Can be during use or when PC is pretty idle.
I'm running out of ideas.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thinking of trying another ram kit... maybe this new one is faulty?

WhoCrashed logs:

Windows version:
Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19044 (x64)
Windows dir:
C:\WINDOWS
Hardware:
MS-7A39, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., MSI, B350M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
CPU:
AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
Processor count:
16 logical processors, active mask: 65535
RAM:
16334.5MB
Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
On Thu 4/21/2022 12:44:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042122-5968-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code:
0x7A(0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFD50F92072080, 0xFFFFC33FFA789000)
Bugcheck name:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug check description:
This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
Analysis:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION was repoted. The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s. This bugcheck indicates that the error is file system or disk related. If no offending driver is found, it is suggested that you run CHKDSK to check your drive(s) for errors. This is possibly a software problem. This is likely a case of memory corruption.
Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues
On Thu 4/21/2022 12:44:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP (Kernel memory dump)
Bugcheck code:
0x7A(0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFD50F92072080, 0xFFFFC33FFA789000)
Bugcheck name:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug check description:
This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.
Analysis:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION was repoted. The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s. This bugcheck indicates that the error is file system or disk related. If no offending driver is found, it is suggested that you run CHKDSK to check your drive(s) for errors. This is possibly a software problem. This is likely a case of memory corruption.
Memory corruption can be caused by a faulty driver, faulty RAM, overheating and more. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues
On Thu 4/21/2022 12:28:18 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042122-6171-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code:
0x1A(0x41792, 0xFFFFA90168418C48, 0x4000000000000, 0x0)
Bugcheck name:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description:
This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
Analysis:
A corrupted PTE has been detected. This is possibly a software problem. This is a typical case of memory corruption.
This bugcheck is often associated with overheating problems. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues
On Wed 4/20/2022 4:42:39 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042022-6171-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code:
0x1A(0x61941, 0x1AF777A9000, 0xF, 0xFFFFA88D51A29B00)
Bugcheck name:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description:
Analysis:
This is possibly a software problem. This is likely a case of memory corruption.
This bugcheck is often associated with overheating problems. Read this article on memory corruption. Read this article on thermal issues
On Tue 4/19/2022 5:31:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041922-7156-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code:
0x1A(0x61941, 0x8001E5A9A10, 0xD, 0xFFFFCA8216A92B00)
Bugcheck name:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description:
Analysis:
This is possibly a software problem. This is likely a case of memory corruption.
On Mon 4/18/2022 7:13:50 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
Crash dump file:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041822-7000-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code:
0xC9(0x21F, 0xFFFFF80EE75FB174, 0xFFFFCF0F236AAE50, 0x0)
Bugcheck name:
DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
Driver or module in which error occurred:
ScpVBus.sys (ScpVBus+0xB174)
File path:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys
Bug check description:
This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier crashes.
Analysis:
This is a typical software problem. Most likely this is caused by a bug in a driver.
Google query:
scpvbus DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
Conclusion
6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:
scpvbus.sys
If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.
Read the suggestions displayed in the bugcheck analysis above.
Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.
The analysis process took 0:00:10 (h🇲🇲ss).

Colif

Win 11 Master
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys
scarlet crush - drivers used for Xbox or PS controllers
they are known to cause BSOD.

I will ask a friend to convert dumps

other crashes could be drivers, but they all memory related. Most crashes are though.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Apr 21, 2022

other crashes could be drivers, but they all memory related. Most crashes are though.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Thanks a bunch.

I've deleted that driver. But odd that it'd cause a BSOD when I'm not using or connecting a controller for anything.

Apr 21, 2022

I've decided to swap the ram out again. Maybe the kit is bad/incompatible.

I feel like this isn't going to fix it though... Guess we'll see.

Any ideas on the dumps?

gardenman

Splendid
Sorry, life got busy for a few days.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/dagL8v2s/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:042122-6171-01.dmp (Apr 21 2022 - 03:28:18)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 53 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:042122-5968-01.dmp (Apr 21 2022 - 15:44:44)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 50 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:042022-6171-01.dmp (Apr 20 2022 - 19:42:39)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: ProjectZomboid64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:041922-7156-01.dmp (Apr 19 2022 - 20:31:58)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: java.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:041822-7000-01.dmp (Apr 18 2022 - 22:13:50)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (C9)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b350m-gaming-pro/support
You are using the latest BETA BIOS.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2022
Thanks a bunch. For now I've swapped RAM out with new kit again (2x8gb Corsair LPX 3200). And I think I've disabled or uninstalled any OC software/settings. We'll see how it goes.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apr 21, 2022
Thanks a bunch guys. I swapped out the ram with a new kit and I'm on 3 days without a BSOD! Previously we were at anything between 1 hr and one day with a BSOD. So here's to hoping.

I had a feeling that might be it but everyone hates having to return/swap parts that may be faulty...

Also other things I did:
- disconnected usb devices like my headset, usb drives

The only other possibility is my usb headset but seems unlikely... So if we stay stable I'll plug it back in and see if there are any other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.