Fixes for Upgraded GPU Issues?

MajorSwoopage

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Recently I, upgraded my GTX 970 to a 1070. With a new GPU, I was sure that I would get a great performance boost in games. When I put in the new graphics card (with freshly installed drivers) however, my games began to have a lot of issues with stuttering, frame dropping, or even kicking me from the game entirely. The FPS have been improved over the 970, but the issues mentioned above seem to be consistent throughout all games. I began to think maybe my CPU (Intel i5-6600k OC 4.4ghz) could be bottlenecking the GPU. With the CPU overclocked to 4.4ghz, I should be getting a very minimal bottleneck, yet I still have issues in games. I thought maybe it could be my memory, but there weren't any issues with that either after doing a diagnosis. I even did a fresh install of Windows 10 to see if that would resolve anything, but sadly it didn't. Normally, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but the consistency of issues between all games whether they be on steam, blizzard, origin, etc. is strange to me.
I'm curious if anyone out there would have any solutions to my predicament or experienced similar issues after upgrading his or her graphics card. Thank you:)

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k (OC'd 4.4ghz)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
PSU: Corsair CX 650W 80 Plus Bronze

TRENDING THREADS