Fixing of RAW drive

viraj5katkar

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
my portable hdd is inaccessible.The disk management shows the drive as RAW.I think the partition table and boot sector may have been damaged .How to repair this RAW drive??

jagman_55

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
I had a power failure and 2 USB, 2tb each when to RAW.
I re-booted and re-booted and each time, one the drives slowly came back but the other one was hard case.
With every re-boot, the drive became healthy. Don't know why but who cares are this point.
I tried about everything. Some on the net said to CHKDSK x: /r (repair) (DOS, run etc)
But this never worked. it gave me new errors after about a day and half of scanning.
It tried to repair but said "not enough free space to repair"
I find the CHKDSK parameters and tried: CHKDSK x: /f
and WALA, PERFECT. Drive came back as NTSC and is healthy.

Marlene942

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
Have you tried it on another computer? Get the same RAW file system problem?

If you do get the same RAW file system problems, firstly restore all your wanted drive data back with data recovery software, like Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc. And then, try to format it on this computer.
Also cannot be formatted there? Just run the error-checking tool to see whether it is still healthy.

If you do not get the same RAW file system error, just back up all your stored drive data and find ways to fix your computer problems.