Aug 22, 2021
So i bought a 5$ gpu from a long time ago but it was dead so i brought it to fix but they said they couldn't fix it.I just cleaned my pc and i have a idea of trying to change the old thermal paste ( I did it kinda wrong forgot to remove the old thermal ) but it still boot up amazingly but the first time i plug it in it got gltiched ( probally mobo trying to detect pcie device ) then it boot up like normal but got froze while booting up window 10. The third time it work good but the display was set to old school hd and it got froze after i open discord and trying to update the driver because the driver was Microsoft Basic stuff.... But after the third time it couldn't boot up anymore it get weird glitchy point on the screen and froze there are also some straight line on the screen , now i am trying to install the driver and see if it help.Any suggestion how to make this work good and optimize for gaming? It is a old Amd
Radeon Hd 7730 from Powercolor . Just try to play mc not having too much hope bcs my igpu is good enough but i want more

Updating I just found out this error code in Device Manager
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.
So it is because its bad driver =/ Window 10 does not support good for old amd gpu.
I am trying to install the newest using my iGpu

Last edited:
So i bought a 5$ gpu from a long time ago but it was dead so i brought it to fix but they said they couldn't fix it.I just cleaned my pc and i have a idea of trying to change the old thermal paste ( I did it kinda wrong forgot to remove the old thermal ) but it still boot up amazingly but the first time i plug it in it got gltiched ( probally mobo trying to detect pcie device ) then it boot up like normal but got froze while booting up window 10. The third time it work good but the display was set to old school hd and it got froze after i open discord and trying to update the driver because the driver was Microsoft Basic stuff.... But after the third time it couldn't boot up anymore it get weird glitchy point on the screen and froze there are also some straight line on the screen , now i am trying to install the driver and see if it help.Any suggestion how to make this work good and optimize for gaming? It is a old Amd
Radeon Hd 7730 from Powercolor . Just try to play mc not having too much hope bcs my igpu is good enough but i want more
What are your pc specs? could you post a gpuz screenshot of your gpu if you could boot using that card?

Aug 22, 2021
Does it worth trying to fix a unstable gpu? I tried and it did work but it crashed after a minute but I know that it is still working. Just non properly and when it crashed it was using basic window driver(which suck). There are a hope that I can bring this to life but does it worth messing my old pc up?
I only play minecraft so not having this gpu is not a bad thing.Intel Hd 2500 is still strong enough to run 1.17.1 at 50-60fps.I can modify some stuff to reach fully 60fps performance but having a real gpu is still much better in lots of work.Sooooo what is your think? Let me know and help me because I still can’t find out how to set xmp timing for 1600mhz bcs my cpu is old and the bios doesn’t have auto xmp and you have to set it number by number :L

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021
I am not a professional at all,to be honest I am just 13 and I can damage my pc while doing this but I know how to work on this sooooooooooooooooooo? Worth it or not and suggest best way other than installing new driver. :L btw do updating a gpu to newest driver which is like years away from the driver it is running bad?

Remeca

Reputable
That GPU has no Windows 10 drivers. This is what AMD says:

AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series products and older are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or higher and therefore, do not have driver support for Windows® 10.

The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft®Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:

Display scaling control

Multiple displays

Display rotation

Video capture

Power settings

VSync control

Brightness control on integrated display panels

AMD Catalyst™ Control Centerhttps://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615

DSzymborski

Titan
That GPU has no Windows 10 drivers. This is what AMD says:

AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series products and older are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or higher and therefore, do not have driver support for Windows® 10.

The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

No, this is 100% not true. A Radeon HD 7730 is not from the ATI Radeon 7000 Graphics family. The Radeon 7000 series is a bunch of AGP cards from about 2001.

"HD 4000 series and older" refers to the HD 4000 series, mostly from 2008 and 2009. The HD 7000 series, which the HD 7730 is a part of, is mainly from 2012 and 2013.

While there are no new drivers as it's in legacy mode now, there's perfectly good support in the drivers for an HD 7000 card in Windows 10. The most likely problem is a broken card that can't effectively be used beyond basic Windows functionality, a common problem for broken GPUs.