FL Memory Issue Crashing/Sound cards

Forte777

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hello friends! Let me get right into it. I have a 4790k, a GTX 980ti, a 250 gig ssd, 16gb of DDR3 ram, and no sound card. I am constantly experiencing crashing in FL studio with warning messages like not enough memory. My ram usage gets to about 20% tops. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with soundcards opposed to internal audio and DAW. Does it make a difference? Or is it the CPU that matters? Why would my pc crash all the time while using FL? Any help at all in regards to FL or soundcards or anything of the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
make sure ram sticks are in the right slots on the mb. check the mb user guild for the two main ram slots. from a usb stick boot and run memtest86 see if one ram stick has bad spots on it. on some video and audio editing you may not be running out of ram but of disk scratch space if your using the ssd for everything. most av rigs have the ssd for the program and a 1-4tb hard drive as the scratch disk. for sound cards on the higher end ones they do sound better then the al8000 realteck chip on most mb. look at the asus or older soundblaster z cards. be carefull of the newer sounfblaster cards some of them have the same chip as most retail mb have now.
make sure ram sticks are in the right slots on the mb. check the mb user guild for the two main ram slots. from a usb stick boot and run memtest86 see if one ram stick has bad spots on it. on some video and audio editing you may not be running out of ram but of disk scratch space if your using the ssd for everything. most av rigs have the ssd for the program and a 1-4tb hard drive as the scratch disk. for sound cards on the higher end ones they do sound better then the al8000 realteck chip on most mb. look at the asus or older soundblaster z cards. be carefull of the newer sounfblaster cards some of them have the same chip as most retail mb have now.

Solution