Flagging scammers on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Does anyone else get huge satisfaction from flagging these people of Craigslist who are selling the new NVIDIA gpu's for 3-4 times what they originally cost, or am I just weird?

It really offends me that there are so many people who can't get a hold of these, and then these jerks have ten 3070's listed for like $2500 each. And then I don't know how many of these are true scams, where someone is going to pay this money and end up with an empty box or a completely different, lesser quality card.

I don't know if it's making a difference, but I flag every one I see that's ridiculously over the MSRP. I want them all to be stuck sitting on these things until the value normalizes and they make zero profit from buying out all the stock.

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Short term inflated price sales for high end GPUs are not even a little bit close to the real scam volume on CL.
So much more...

Yeah, I flag them all when something looks off. I don't think I would ever buy a used GPU there, but this issue is really irritating me right now.

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, I flag them all when something looks off. I don't think I would ever buy a used GPU there, but this issue is really irritating me right now.
The thing many people seem to fail to realize...you're not buying "from craigslist"
Instead, you're buying from "some dude". Act appropriately.

Just like fleabay, CL doesn't sell anything. They are just the advertising platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.