Flagship's Hellgate: London Finally Back as F2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
The game originally only had 1 flaw to me - it crashed every hour.
Now it has a new problem, it's F2P.
I was at least willing to play the buggy one. :(

shakl

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
This game is about as boring as it gets. You just look at it, and it sucks. I never played online or even managed to pass the test of endurance that is offline mode. This game really is just terrible.

Who knows, maybe online is where the fun is... on second though, judging by how long the game lasted, probably not.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
I got this game for free, to test "new content" post launch, and I can honestly say I was surprised that I liked it. I say surprised because I detest MMORPG's. I leveled several different characters to 30 or so during the process, I only hit 30 because of several resets along the way.

Overall, not bad for an MMO. I might give it a go when it comes out.

randomizer

Champion
Hopefully the game actually works now. I played the demo and was surprised at my amazing ability to slash my foes with a sword from 20 metres away. I never bought it because it was, quite honestly, boring.

Transsive

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
The game is somewhat similar to Borderlands, with less focus on guns and a more diablo-esque feel.
Quest are boring, loot is fun, areas are repetitive (randomly generated with limited assets).
I didn't have all that much fun in single player, but I'm sure the multiplayer might be a worth a look.

i wonder if this will have a memory leak on a 64bit executable so it can eat all 8GB of my memory again

the first wasn't too bad, just horribly buggy, though one of the earlier games to have 64bit support

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Never played the game, remembered the hype but was never drawn into it.
Heck that video above was the first time I ever even seen any actual game-play. To me that looks horrible, simply not fun or interesting in any manner.

G

The problem with this game was that it tried to be too many things at once. An FPS, a 3rd person action rpg, and an MMO. Way too much time was spent in development and could not pull enough subscribers in to make it profitable. Should have been free 2 play from the beginning.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I was a big fan of this when it came out but it was buggy. The game play can be fun in group play but soloing is repetitive and stupid. Hopefully it will be better the second time around.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
My question is: will ownership of the original Hellgate: London benefit me any, or can I rely on Hanbit to screw its customers just like Flagship?

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Oh dear heaven I loved this game when it came out. I think I had a 1.7Ghz P4 and a 7800GS at the time. But 4 years later is it seriously the same game? They're just rereleasing it in MMO-form? Hmm...

Oh and yes, the original release was TOTALLY BUGGY AS HELL. ...hell. Get it? :D

I will totally play the F2P just for nostalgia, I doubt I'll get far though!

Firehead2k

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I'm quite happy that it's coming back, I really liked it. It's such a shame that Failboat studios never fixed the damn bugs that were reported during the beta... Trying to do way too many things at once...
The game had 4 exe's ! 32 and 64-bit single and multiplayer exes...

Status
Not open for further replies.