Question Flash a HP GTX 1080 TI 11 video card to get rid of the Omen Logo...

Feb 25, 2019
Hi ALL.. I was wondering about something... I have a HP Omen (Water Cooled) with HP GTX 1080 TI 11GB graphics card, and now I Have fitted it to my Dell Precision T7500 (Built it from parts).. Because it has (2) 6-core Xeon X5690 Cpu's (3.46GHz), 48GB ram (computer can go up to 192GB ram), 500GB SSD (on a 6G PCI-E card), and a 4GB SSHD drive. My question is that I know that the HP Omen logo will come up on the boot screen, so can I re-flash the card's Bios. I have downloaded the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Bios.. But how do I do that.....

Oh, I plan on giving the Omen to my wife with a different video card installed of course.... (She won't know).....

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The Omen logo should be tied to the motherboard's BIOS splash screen, not the GPU itself.
In a very simplistic sense, the GPU only 'does' the output, it doesn't control what's being output.

As for flashing the vBIOS (not necessary in this case), for future reference there is no "1080TI BIOS". You need to identify the specifics of your given card (vendor, clocks etc). Flashing any old vBIOS to a random card is a surefire way to brick the card.

Feb 25, 2019
Phew!! Thanks so much for letting me know that. But how come (Though) I've installed a different graphics card in my Omen and now the Omen logo doesn't come up anymore (On boot-up)....

Oh.. I did get this Bios "NVIDIA.GTX1080Ti.11264.170118.rom", and it's the same size (Bytes) as the HP GTX Bios, and I did read that this bios is compatable with other venders of GTX 1080 11GB graphics cards...

Last edited: