[SOLVED] Flash BIOS Lenovo Legion 7i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
uplugging cmos battery won't help, passwords are stored in EEPROM on modern lenovo laptops :)

All lenovo laptops have additional master password.
If you have a proof of ownership or registered your warranty with Lenovo, their support will be more than happy to guide you thru the reset procedure.

For obvious reasons, i will not go into further details how to reset it, but be assured it's fairly quick and painless process if you can prove to Lenovo it's really your Laptop.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
uplugging cmos battery won't help, passwords are stored in EEPROM on modern lenovo laptops :)

All lenovo laptops have additional master password.
If you have a proof of ownership or registered your warranty with Lenovo, their support will be more than happy to guide you thru the reset procedure.

For obvious reasons, i will not go into further details how to reset it, but be assured it's fairly quick and painless process if you can prove to Lenovo it's really your Laptop.

Solution
Jul 20, 2021
Ahhh nope. I have contacted support and they say...take it to a service center. no master password or any of that fun stuff for me...proof of ownership provided to them and everything...

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
master password is maybe not an accurent word.. basically bios will generate a specific key, they'll input it to their system and it will return "master password". It not the same for every unit. But Lenovo being one of the big dogs on the block, want a little mulah in return :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS