Question Flash BIOS on this GPU ?

Aug 6, 2024
I have a little problem.
I bought a used MSI 6800 XT Red Devil GPU.
The first owner has messed with it's BIOS and now when I load Windows I lose the DVI signal.
So I would like to re- flash the correct firmware.

The first question:
The GPU has a switch for oc mode and silent mode ... do I need 2 BIOS?

The second question:
How to find the right firmware when there are many firmwares for the same GPU model?
If there is a wrong firmware on the GPU, how to find the right one?

I have a little problem.
I bought a used MSI 6800 XT Red Devil GPU.
The first owner has messed with it's BIOS and now when I load Windows I lose the DVI signal.
So I would like to re- flash the correct firmware.

The first question:
The GPU has a switch for oc mode and silent mode ... do I need 2 BIOS?

The second question:
How to find the right firmware when there are many firmwares for the same GPU model?
If there is a wrong firmware on the GPU, how to find the right one?
Look at VRAM, it could change within same model GPU.

Aug 6, 2024
Hi thanks for the answer.
On the GPU i have oc and silent mode with a switch.
So do I need only one firmware, or this GPU needs two firmwares?

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Most important AMD partners (Sapphire, XFX, ASUS, MSI and ASrock) make some models with switch.
That is a hardware switch that allows the user to choose what version of the BIOS they will use during boot .
That means BEFORE starting the computer you will move the switch to the desired position and only after that you start your computer.
Depending on what position you chose, it can be "silent" or "performance"
Both BIOS-es are original, they are made by the producer and they are "tuned" by them accordingly.
Well. in real life many cards were used for mining and BIOS-es were modded by people.
In case one of them was "modded" or in some cases both are, you must reflash that BIOS with the original one.
Well, the procedure is not that hard but the user must pay attention to the steps in order to succeed.

Aug 6, 2024
Thanks friend. From the GPU packaging box can I find the specification and the correct firmware information?

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Usually yes, but in some cases is not enough.
To be sure you will need the following pictures.
Load them here using imgur service:
https://imgur.com/?third_party=1

1 - a picture from labels from the card (plus in case you still have it the labesl from the box)
2 - a picture from GPU-z main screen
3 - a picture from GPU-z > advanced tab and from drop down menu you choose memory

That will help us to search for the exact producer, model, ID and memory code.