Flash drive formatting

Jul 6, 2018
I have a very old car stereo, installed in 2010, but I can listen to music from flash drives. One of my last flash drives that worked in it was damaged the other day, so I tried others I owned. After reading more in the manual, however, I found I needed a 2.0 (and all my newer ones were 3.0), so I ordered a 2.0. It came in, and I put music on it. Then it didn't work in the stereo. I did some more digging. The flash needed to be formatted as FAT32, which it was. It also needed to be formatted at 512 or 2048 bytes per sector. When I tried to format that on my computer (Windows 10), the lowest on the dropdown I was 4096 bytes per sector. I hadn't thought until today to try this on an old computer with Windows 7, and I'll do that tonight. But the issue might be with the flash drive itself. Can someone help me? I don't want to keep buying flash drives, only to have them fail.

Jul 6, 2018
A max or min flash size isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual for the stereo. It does mention the max number of folders (100) and the max number of files per folder (100), plus that no file should exceed an hour, but I only added one song of about 3-4 minutes to test.