Flash drive not showing in My Computer and Device Managar but i get repetitive plug/unplug sounds.

lenotre

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
I currently have a flash drive that suddenly stopped working and stopped showing in My computer, but i noticed when its plugged the plug and unplug sounds just keep going on and off without stopping as if its stuck, i really wanna fix the USB so i can format to windows 10, without it i wont be able to burn the ISO. so please any ways to fix the Flash drive?

EDIT: USB flash drive was working fine before this happened.

Hey there, lenotre.

Try the flash drive with a different computer, or at least with different USB ports on yours, to see if the same thing happens. Also check if it's recognized in Disk Management. If it is, it might just need you to assign it a new drive letter in order to appear in Windows Explorer (My Computer). Here's how to do that: How to change the drive letter assignment in Windows

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

lenotre

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Not showing :(

EDIT: It actually did USB DISK 2.0, Anything to do now? :)

lenotre

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Already tried that, its not showing on Device Manager :)

Cazauxx

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Since you said its showing up in the EDIT right click on it and choose troubleshoot

Try out @Cazauxx's suggestion. If that doesn't work you still have the option of trying it with a different computer. You could also try some of the formatting tools, which some of the manufacturer's offer for their memory cards and USB flash drive's, to see if it's detected and if you're able to reformat it and use it afterwards.