Question Flashback Bios Nightmare

Feb 17, 2022
PZ77V-PRO

So I ran into a dram led red light, made a change to ram settings in bios and after that I could not get the system to post. I went to flashback my bios and after I plig in my correctly formatted USB, it blinks. It doesn't stop blinking. For hours.

I then took the USB out, reset the system and it starts for a split second before turning off and trying to start up again for a split second, etc...

So now I can't get into bios and if I plug a flashback usb it just continues blinking as if it is making progress. The USB has a light and there is no activity going on with the USB. I have several USBs that, after formatting, get to the blinking stage.

Is there anything I can do? CMOS has been checked. Thank you for reading, I really do appreciate it!

PZ77V-PRO

So I ran into a dram led red light, made a change to ram settings in bios and after that I could not get the system to post. I went to flashback my bios and after I plig in my correctly formatted USB, it blinks. It doesn't stop blinking. For hours.

I then took the USB out, reset the system and it starts for a split second before turning off and trying to start up again for a split second, etc...

So now I can't get into bios and if I plug a flashback usb it just continues blinking as if it is making progress. The USB has a light and there is no activity going on with the USB. I have several USBs that, after formatting, get to the blinking stage.

Is there anything I can do? CMOS has been checked. Thank you for reading, I really do appreciate it!
the bios could be corrupted, luckily it's socketed, you could find a similiar bios chip and hotflash the bios. might want to bring it to a local pc repair shop. but even after the new bios chip installed and propperly configured and still wont boot, it's either the mobo or the cpu.

Feb 17, 2022
the bios could be corrupted, luckily it's socketed, you could find a similiar bios chip and hotflash the bios. might want to bring it to a local pc repair shop. but even after the new bios chip installed and propperly configured and still wont boot, it's either the mobo or the cpu.
I do believe it's the Mobo, my thought is it's where the video card is, I am using the not optimal slot because I have a water-cooler in the way.

Reactions: Koekieezz
Mar 22, 2022
Hey, I made an account just to say what fixed it for me, after trying everything, was to not use the absolute latest BIOS file. stupid as it may sound but I tried everything, removing RAM, CPU, BIOS battery, MBR formatting, etc etc, the o0nly thing different was i used the 2nd to latest BIOS file and it's flashing... Will try to finally post soon I hope as it's now a happy fast green blink...

(TUF gaming b450 plus II trying to post with a brand new 5700G...)

Reactions: Koekieezz

TRENDING THREADS