[SOLVED] Flashed GPU bios, now Motherboard won't POST

nick_155

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Alright so my friend an I had made a mistake whilst flashing his GPU (RX 580) 's bios and now the pc wouldn't start up with the card installed. I figured I would be able to reflash the card back to its prior state using one of my PC's. Since his CPU did not have integrated graphics I would use my PC to install the card and flash it through windows via my IGPU. The process seemed to work fine and the utility flashed without issue. After this, I restarted and set graphics in the motherboard's bios to run off of the PCI Express slot instead of the integrated GPU. I restarted again to see if this worked but the computer failed to boot. I felt a little disappointed so I took the card out and attempted again. now the PC would not boot at all. I tested the card (RX 580) in another system and it was now working perfectly fine. I cannot get my motherboard to post with any hardware now. I've tried new RAM, a different CPU, a working GPU, I took the battery out and nothing I did seemed to make any difference. Also oddly the PC would not turn on if the CMOS battery was not installed, which isn't normal

I'm at quite a loss here, I've scoured forum upon forum to see if anyone else has had this issue but I can't seem to find anything. any information would be nice, I'm just really confused at this point.

MotherBoard MSI H61MU-E35 (B3)
CPU's available to me Celeron G530 and Core i5 3470

Solution
So sorry about this comrade, I recently bought an Gigabyte RX 580, and I could not even boot. I then realized the VGA is defective, but the seller stated he could run the card with another MOBO(but not every MOBO is supported, weird!).
I don't think it's MOBO issue, not sure.
You may perform a bios/cmos reset, and use a working GPu from friend, to see if you could boot up from a working GPU.

nick_155

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I've got the MOBO manual from MSI(http://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/E7680v2.3.zip), in page 2-19(english), it describes how to reset your CMOS by jumper. make sure you do it when system is off. Hope it helps

Also so cool you could run a RX580 with H61 chip! I have H67 GB MOBO, no success! could you please share your full-spec? including the PSU. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

No help the problem still persists.

full specs
CPU: Core i5 3470
MOBO: MSI h61mu-e35 (b3)
RAM: 4gb cheap hynix ddr3 1333Mhz
PSU: Thermaltake toughpower 650W semi-modular

Sep 28, 2019
So sorry about this comrade, I recently bought an Gigabyte RX 580, and I could not even boot. I then realized the VGA is defective, but the seller stated he could run the card with another MOBO(but not every MOBO is supported, weird!).
I don't think it's MOBO issue, not sure.
You may perform a bios/cmos reset, and use a working GPu from friend, to see if you could boot up from a working GPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS