[SOLVED] Flashed my RX560D and I think it is dead.

Jun 22, 2021
I flashed my RX 560D and it worked. After I install the AMD drivers, the screen showed up with black rectangle in the checkerboard pattern. I cant see anything so I restart my PC and it boot straight into my iGPU, which mean the GPU is not detected by the mb. After using DDU, i opened GPU-Z and the RX 560 not showed up, only the intel UHD graphics 3000 showed up. Can anyone give me suggestions? Sorry for my bad English.
Computer specs:
MB: H61M-DS2 3.0
CPU: i5-2500K running at default clock
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: PowerColor RX560D 4GB (pretty dead) / Gigabyte GT730 2GB GDDR5 (spare)
PSU: X-POWER III 450 (400w, at least its still better than no brand psu out there)

Last edited:
Solution
I

The card have some problem itself. It run perfectly without driver, but when the drivers are installed the audio will stutter and make strange noise when moving mouse/typing. Sometimes the screen freeze then lost the signal, so I have to reboot the pc, its so bad that my pc frozen before logged in windows. I will update my specs asap.

Sounds like it was already bad before, and what you mean 'run without driver'? Sure windows itself has some basic drivers to have it at least boot but without drivers mainly it's not running its accelerated graphics portion, meaning It could have been faulty and when you installed installed drivers and it starts working, something physically faulty gets it borked.

Flashing its bios could have...
Jun 22, 2021
I
why did you flash it?
sound like the flash brick it
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
The card have some problem itself. It run perfectly without driver, but when the drivers are installed the audio will stutter and make strange noise when moving mouse/typing. Sometimes the screen freeze then lost the signal, so I have to reboot the pc, its so bad that my pc frozen before logged in windows. I will update my specs asap.

I

Sounds like it was already bad before, and what you mean 'run without driver'? Sure windows itself has some basic drivers to have it at least boot but without drivers mainly it's not running its accelerated graphics portion, meaning It could have been faulty and when you installed installed drivers and it starts working, something physically faulty gets it borked.

Flashing its bios could have bricked it indeed or it just was already bad and gave up. Needless to say, I don't think you will be able to fix its bios now cause without it being detected u would have to physically flash the chip and uh.... boy yr in trouble

Solution
Jun 22, 2021

Flashing its bios could have bricked it indeed or it just was already bad and gave up. Needless to say, I don't think you will be able to fix its bios now cause without it being detected u would have to physically flash the chip and uh.... boy yr in trouble
Today I turned my PC on and somehow the gpu have resurrected. After using windows for a while, the screen blacked. I thought it was dying again but it seems like windows is trying to install AMD drivers and it work!
The audio problem didnt fixed, is it caused by the MB? If I’m running in safe mode or winPE the audio is fine.
Gonna test this gpu with furmark to see its stability.