Flashes then turns off?

Dec 26, 2018
I’m new to building a gaming computer so I have no idea what the hell I'm even doing. The guide doesn’t exactly help if the wires aren’t labeled. I don’t have a CPU or a graphics card in yet, CPU was faulty so I have to return it, and yet to get a GPU. I’ve had everything plugged in except these unknown cables, the MOBO memory sticks light up but nothing else. If I hit the power button all the RGB lights in the case will flash for half a second then turn off, however the memory stick lights and the power/reset lights on the MOBO stay on.
j11348.jpg

Those are the cables I haven’t plugged in yet, don’t know where they are, don’t know where they go
2qntrtx.jpg

The case somewhat done? It’s messy, I’ll have to re-organize everything once I know where it goes. Power supply will be hidden as the finished result.

So, any ideas? Do those loose wires have to do with it and what are they? (They were labeled as ‘FAN’ but do not fit into the fan power..)

gourge

Reputable
Nov 6, 2018
If you want to test you lights disconnect all the power connectors from the psu to the motherboard. Then take the 24 pin connector and put a paper clip or staple into the green wire to any black wire