Question Flashing line of pixels on TV screen ?

CamronB

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
I recently got a Sony x90j 50in TV. Right out of the box, it has a row, one pixel thick, that swaps between the correct output and full white. It's two pixels from the bottom of the screen. It swaps between normal and white every 1.7 seconds like clockwork. It happens on the home screen as well. So it's not an input problem. If it was solid white nonstop, I'd think it was a bad panel, but flashing between white and correct colors is confusing me. Any thoughts?

CamronB

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
Yeah I got it from Best Buy. Looks like they’ve got a 15-day return policy. I’ll return it if I have to. I was just hoping I wouldn’t have to. It was an open-box deal. So I won’t be able to just exchange it for a new one, not without paying the $200 difference anyway.

Yeah I got it from Best Buy. Looks like they’ve got a 15-day return policy. I’ll return it if I have to. I was just hoping I wouldn’t have to. It was an open-box deal. So I won’t be able to just exchange it for a new one, not without paying the $200 difference anyway.

That was probably why it was an open box sale, someone found the same issue, they either did not test it or could not re-create it and put it up for sale again. Even if it went away I would not take a chance at keeping a new TV that had this issue.

TRENDING THREADS