Flashing my 5600 to 5600 ultra

Hi,

I was wandering if it is possible to flash a fx5600 to a fx5600 ultra
I know that it is possible to flash a 5900 to a 5950 or a ultra and heard
about it being possible with a 5600 to but don't want to take any chances
f##king up my vid card

So is it possible????

F.W.L. Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wandering if it is possible to flash a fx5600 to a fx5600 ultra
> I know that it is possible to flash a 5900 to a 5950 or a ultra and heard
> about it being possible with a 5600 to but don't want to take any chances
> f##king up my vid card
>
> So is it possible????

You can try it, but be careful as you're likely to fry it if your 5600
is actually a low spec chip. My Jaton 5600 must have been from the bad
yield bin, as it comes underclocked by default. Also you have to watch
for the memory. Unless it's high grade RAM, you likely have some
cheaper junk on there.

If it's important to you then leave it well alone. Generally FX cards
are running at high temps and clocks to begin with, so cards like the
5600 are usually the chips that just couldn't make it as a 5600U. This
is contarary to earlier practices where most chip yields were good and
abou the same (such as the GF3 TI series), allowing a great deal of
overclocking and rebranding potential.

Then i better wait untill i got enough money to buy the 6800

Thnx

"F.W.L. Janssen" <ferdyj1977@casema.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was wandering if it is possible to flash a fx5600 to a fx5600 ultra
> I know that it is possible to flash a 5900 to a 5950 or a ultra and heard
> about it being possible with a 5600 to but don't want to take any chances
> f##king up my vid card
>
> So is it possible????

Well, you say you already heard it was possible. You always take a chance
in messing up your card if you try to flash it to something that its not.