Flashing my BIOS, Please Help!

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Hello. I have an Asus z170a motherboard and an Intel Skylake i5 6600k CPU.

I never updated my BIOS when i built my PC so it has the FIRST bios ever made for the z170a. There are a few small strange glitched happening, for instance, in HWMonitor My cores read - Core2, Core4, Core6. It use to just be cores 1-4. I think i nee to flash my BIOS.

I need help with instructions on how to do this properly i dont want to mess anything up.

I have a regular flashdrive (8GB). I need to format it to FAT32 i think. Then download the latest BIOS from the ASUS website ( which will be a .cap file) Then boot into my BIOS and goto EZFlash3 and run the file from the flash drive right?

Am i missing anything? any help is greatly appeciated :)

Solution
in the old days you could or if you flash using a program inside of windows. most failures today are people flashing the wrong bios or trying to get more performace by flashing product x with bios y.

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Really? im glad to see someone has this same glitch. Maybe it isnt a BIOS thing then. Everything is running OK but i think I should flash my BIOS just to be sure. But i hear u can mess up your motherboard if something goes wrong...