[SOLVED] Flashing RX 470 BIOS to an RX 570

Jul 21, 2019
The question is simple. Can I flash RX 470 Nitro+ BIOS into my RX 570 Pulse ITX card? Is it safe or can I brick my GPU while doing it?

Solution
There is always a chance of bricking the GPU when you flash the BIOS. It can happen unexpectedly. I've flashed maybe 30 GPU BIOSs, and 3 of them bricked. However, there is still a way to un-brick them. So I haven't actually lost a GPU doing it because I was able to force a flash using the command prompt. You have to have a backup GPU though to get in your computer.

Why do you want RX 470 on an RX 570? Typically its the other way around.
There is always a chance of bricking the GPU when you flash the BIOS. It can happen unexpectedly. I've flashed maybe 30 GPU BIOSs, and 3 of them bricked. However, there is still a way to un-brick them. So I haven't actually lost a GPU doing it because I was able to force a flash using the command prompt. You have to have a backup GPU though to get in your computer.

Solution
Jul 21, 2019

RX 470 Nitro+ comes with 1260 mhz on Core while my RX 570 comes with 1244. And for some reason whenever I overclock the GPU it just resets back. Also I don't have another GPU right now.

you shouldnt use bios from other cards, they are tuned to work with that hardware, its usualy same, but it may have different ram timings which will brick your gpu, or if u put bios from card which has better power delivery (pci-e power plugs/vrm design), than u may overload your psu/gpu/ or your mainboard

it is usualy fine if u go with same gpu board design even across different vendors where differences are minimal.
for example i used to have gtx 1060 from palit, and replaced bios with asus (both had same pcb), the only difference for me was that assus bios gave me 0rpm fan mode during low temperatures

as for overclocking, that is limited by your vrm/power delivery (or cooling)
and im 100% sure ITX gpus are low power design