[SOLVED] Flashing screen after logging in and ram issues

dylza

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
Not sure if right thread if its a mobo ,ram or a display issue.

So my friend is currently having issues with his system atm.

Hes been having ram issues with it not running at the xmp/docp rating where it caused his system to not boot half the time. However as of recent he has upped the voltage only slightly (from 1.35 to 1.355) and and is now getting a flashing screen after logging into windows. He has now reset everything back to normal and is now still flashing but the kicker is that it only flashes when he chooses the restart pc option (where it will proceed to give him a long hang time before hitting the windows login screen.), if he does a full shut down and boots normally it wont flash. So that is the current issue the next one would be why wont his ram work with the docp (asus's mb term) ram setting too.

His system specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Cpu Cooler: H7 Cryorig
Mobo :Asus x570 TUF-PLUS (Wi-Fi)
Ram: Trident Z Neo DDR4 - 3600mhz 32gb
GPU: Geforce 970 Gigabyte Windforce
HDD: 3tb WD Blue and a 1tb Seagate barracuda
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb
PSU: Toughpower GF1 850 watt

We have currently done a bios update to the latest version and booted in safe mode and done a sfc scan and none have fixed the issue.

Thanks if this makes sense and someone could help out. Happy to elaborate more if needed

Pytheus

Prominent
Oct 28, 2020
First step I would take to to make sure the RAM is in the right slots. On my mainboard the first two sticks should go in slots A2-B2. Try that.

Solution