Flashing Standby LED, nothing else powered

Mar 22, 2018
For starters, I'm new to PC building.

I bought the Asus ROG STRIX B250F Gaming Motherboard a little over a week ago to replace my old one which got damaged. (It was an Asus H100M-R.)

I've built up the components to only receive a steadily flashing orange standby LED. Nothing else is powered... I'm not sure what's going on.

If it helps, I'll list my components.

CPU: i3-6100
GPU: GEFORCE GTX 950
RAM: 1x 8GB HyperX Fury
SSD: 250GB SAMSUNG 750 EVO
HDD: 1TB Western Digital
PSU: Corsair VS650

I have a newer GPU and CPU (GTX 1060 and i7-7700 currently in boxes)

I have spoken to a friend who is also not sure why the standby LED is flashing and nothing is powered, and they've built a few PC's before.

My PC has been down for 4 weeks now and it's becoming a matter of urgency to get it back online so I can get back to doing my college work.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks.

Solution
I bought the Asus ROG STRIX B250F Gaming Motherboard a little over a week ago to replace my old one which got damaged
If you just replaced the MB, and reused those same components, then it will depends on what causes the damage. If the damage was caused by the power surge, then you should double check other components too, becuase when the MB got damaged, it may or may bring down the component(s) too.
I bought the Asus ROG STRIX B250F Gaming Motherboard a little over a week ago to replace my old one which got damaged
If you just replaced the MB, and reused those same components, then it will depends on what causes the damage. If the damage was caused by the power surge, then you should double check other components too, becuase when the MB got damaged, it may or may bring down the component(s) too.

Solution