[SOLVED] flashing vbios from different vendor?

TSUN1

Prominent
May 18, 2019
Hello everyone, i have a powercolor dataland rx 480 .The previous owner flashed it to to an rx 580 but the stock clock is 1100 for some reason and there are a few bugs as well like flickering monitor if i do a cold boot etc.

On techpowerup site i pressed find compatible bios button and it tells me that according to device id my card should be compatible with a Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 BIOS which has much higher clocks and power limits. Mine of course has a single pci e 6 pin connector but i have read this is no problem if you have a good psu that can push 200+ watts over the 6pin connector.

I also plan to get an arctic accelero iv so cooling shouldnt be a problem.I dont care much about stability i just want to experiment for the moment but im afraid the techpowerup compatibility tool may not be trustworthy and i may end up with a bricked card. tldr: can i flash sapphire 580 vbios into powercolor 580 ? Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer to this noob question.

Solution
I would leave it as is. There's a lot of threads here where want of more left with you with less or worse, nothing. It seems like your GPU might've been mined at some point which might explain the artifacting. Flashing the BIOS to another is a gamble, it'd be fruitful or not worth it at all.

You forgot to mention the rest of your specs, mind you. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Lutfij

Titan
I would leave it as is. There's a lot of threads here where want of more left with you with less or worse, nothing. It seems like your GPU might've been mined at some point which might explain the artifacting. Flashing the BIOS to another is a gamble, it'd be fruitful or not worth it at all.

You forgot to mention the rest of your specs, mind you. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Solution