Question Flickering black boxes on Cyberpunk

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I am noticing these flickering black boxes as I run around in cyberpunk. The video linked shows the only place they were a constant which was in front of a brightly illuminated sign. Usually they just pop in in passing in shadowed areas or by light sources. Turning off RT completely seems to make them go away. Is this normal?
I just want to be sure it is not an issue with my GPU as it's a brand new 4080FE.
Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spW8uvrqXAA

Full system:
4080FE
MSI tomahawk Z790
32gb (8x2) 3600 cl16 ripjaws ddr4
Heaps of samsung 970/860 evo drives
Corsair RM850x
LG C2 48” screen.

Solution
Looks either a GPU issue or a driver issue. You could try and run DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your platform, then manually install the latest drivers for your GPU in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Lutfij

Titan
Looks either a GPU issue or a driver issue. You could try and run DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your platform, then manually install the latest drivers for your GPU in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

System is a fresh build from last month. Updated to latest BIOS and the GPU driver is just shy of the absolute latest. I guess I can try the latest.

I should mention between getting the 4080 and my first OLED tv I have basically been on a game testing binge to see how everything looks. This is the only game I have seen this in, and only with RT on.

Edit: specifically my BIOS v is 7D91vH5

Last edited:

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

Gonna give you the green as it sadly was a hardware issue and a replacement fixed the issue. I saw a variety of bizarre graphical errors mostly with RT on that it eventually became apparent it was the card itself.