Question Flickering black screen

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Hello!

When starting up my pc, my main screen was flickering and second screen was all black (both monitors had power).
The flickering stopped on my main screen after 5 times of flickering.
So i changed HDMI cables of both to see if that was the problem but it seems not. I than thought it might be my GPU HDMI INPUT and it is...
Somehow my GPU HDMI Input is not working/reading my screen(the second input).

I've had BSOD in the past about GPU DRIVER. Is my GPU dead/dying? Because my main screen is lagging hard right now.

Edit: I tried to open Nvidia Control Panel and i got an image telling me that there is not any NVIDIA GPU is plugged in. But i'm seeing that my GPU has power..

Cheers

Hello!

When starting up my pc, my main screen was flickering and second screen was all black (both monitors had power).
The flickering stopped on my main screen after 5 times of flickering.
So i changed HDMI cables of both to see if that was the problem but it seems not. I than thought it might be my GPU HDMI INPUT and it is...
Somehow my GPU HDMI Input is not working/reading my screen(the second input).

I've had BSOD in the past about GPU DRIVER. Is my GPU dead/dying? Because my main screen is lagging hard right now.

Edit: I tried to open Nvidia Control Panel and i got an image telling me that there is not any NVIDIA GPU is plugged in. But i'm seeing that my GPU has power..

Cheers
Have you tried uninstalling the gpu drivers removing the system from the system and removing the gpu from the system and reseating it?

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Have you tried uninstalling the gpu drivers removing the system from the system and removing the gpu from the system and reseating it?
After updating my GPU Drivers the problem stopped. But somehow my problem occurred in a different way, by having random 1 second black screen.
I've been having all kind of problems since i bought a new motherboard and cpu, i asked for a RMA.

Reactions: white.a.drew
After updating my GPU Drivers the problem stopped. But somehow my problem occurred in a different way, by having random 1 second black screen.
I've been having all kind of problems since i bought a new motherboard and cpu, i asked for a RMA.
Wow im so sorry for this post i must have been falling asleep in my chair. However that does sound like your best route.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Wow im so sorry for this post i must have been falling asleep in my chair. However that does sound like your best route.
No problem. RMA told me that the CPU was faulty and they sent me a new one.

My monitor had black screen on another pc setup too. Is my monitor actually dead? I'm using another monitor right now and i'm not having problems.

Last edited:

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Could be a faulty port on the display
I have connected the monitor back to my pc to test it out. It's been 30 minutes and i had no black screens. If it goes black again i'll not use it anymore.
Sadly the monitor has only HDMI, VGA and DVI input. Wish it had another HDMI input to use that one. I just realised that my GPU has DVI input. I think it's too old to try to use it right?

I have connected the monitor back to my pc to test it out. It's been 30 minutes and i had no black screens. If it goes black again i'll not use it anymore.
Sadly the monitor has only HDMI, VGA and DVI input. Wish it had another HDMI input to use that one. I just realised that my GPU has DVI input. I think it's too old to try to use it right?
No not at all you can even still use vga ports with adapters. Dvi will work just fine if it's not a faulty display itself

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
No not at all you can even still use vga ports with adapters. Dvi will work just fine if it's not a faulty display itself
You mean the VGA to HDMI cables? If so i'm up to try it.
I tried HDMI display yesterday for 1 hour and it worked fine. Except, when i shut down my pc, the monitors black light stays on. Also the blue LED identifies it's ON. This identicates that there is something wrong with my display right?

You mean the VGA to HDMI cables? If so i'm up to try it.
I tried HDMI display yesterday for 1 hour and it worked fine. Except, when i shut down my pc, the monitors black light stays on. Also the blue LED identifies it's ON. This identicates that there is something wrong with my display right?
Yes there is a fault in the on board display signal somewhere with the monitor

Reactions: Soortt