Question Flickering / Horizontal line (just in milli second) appear while gaming on laptop

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Laptop Specs :
Msi ge62 2qf apache pro
i7 5700hq
gtx 970m 3gb ddr5
16gb ddr3 ram
1tb hdd

Hello, i had encountered a horizontal line or flickering (not sure what to call it) while gaming such as PUBG and Just Cause 4. The line appear just a very short time, its kinda like screen tearing but i think thats not the problem since my fps is not to high. The line appear just in one horizontal line, just in short period of time ,maybe in a milisecond. But I am worries since i though maybe my graphic card is dying ?

I ve never seen the line while watching movies or browsing the internet. Just when gaming i think . I also had tried to reinstall the graphic driver, but this does not fix the problem . Let say, If my graphic card are dying, how do I confirmed/checked it.

Btw, I cant test it using external monitor since I dont have any. And the problem does not occur in short time interval, it happen maybe 2-5 times per gaming session.
Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check back with us with the version of BIOS your laptop is currently on? You might want to update it if you have pending updates. Next on the list, what version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) are you on?

Does the issue you speak of show itself when on an external display on the same games you've taxed? It could be possible that the GPU is on it's way out, if the drivers aren't at fault.

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Can you check back with us with the version of BIOS your laptop is currently on? You might want to update it if you have pending updates. Next on the list, what version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) are you on?

Does the issue you speak of show itself when on an external display on the same games you've taxed? It could be possible that the GPU is on it's way out, if the drivers aren't at fault.
Yes im on windows 10,my bios is up to date according to msi website. Btw i can test it with external display since i domt have one, but later i will borrow my friend monitor. So if the problem also can be seen on external monitor, is it bcause my graphic card is dying?

The tearing also occur when i play cod advance warfare, when at the cinematic video, the fps locked on 30fps and tearing occur, when playing, my fps can reach 80 90 fps, tearing occur too but not that much

TRENDING THREADS