[SOLVED] Flickering icons on taskbar - Driving me crazy - See Video

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
This situation started when my center monitor ( of 3 total) began to lose it's signal. When it went black, it didn't lose power though. The only way I could view what was on the screen was to power off the monitor and turn it back on. When I would do this, the tasks on that monitor would move to a different monitor. Having said that, I tried swapping out another display port cable to try and fix the problem. Same problem persisted. Then yesterday I finally replaced the entire video card. Originally started with an Asus ROG STRX 2080ti and changed it to an MSI Trio RTX 3080. After changing out the video cards. I noticed the flickering on the taskbar. (See video)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-sUnm2SXA
The flickering icons appear to ghost the identical icons from the left side of the taskbar on the same monitor. I googled this and tried several things including removing both the video card from device manager and removing and then reinstalling the video card drivers for the new card. I also followed steps I found here. The only thing I have not done on that list is create a new user account which I really don't want to have to do. Now, I mentioned all the history at the beginning because even after I swapped out the video card, THE MONITOR STILL PERIODICALLY GOES BLACK! This, after changing out the video card! Having already swapped out the cable, that only leaves the monitor right? That would solve the display going out but what about the taskbar flickering? Suggestions on that?

Last edited:
Solution
I solved the problem. Tried another monitor and the flickering is gone. Will be the first monitor in over 30 years that has gone out on me. I consider the monitor to be about the most stable part of the entire system.

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I solved the problem. Tried another monitor and the flickering is gone. Will be the first monitor in over 30 years that has gone out on me. I consider the monitor to be about the most stable part of the entire system.

Solution