[SOLVED] Flickering in games.... RTX 3060 faulty?

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Bought a new build two months ago. But in some games I notice where flickering. For instance, in Batman: Arkham Knight everything looks as you expect it; but then there will be an area a flickering light.

Same with Dragonball: Xenoverse 2. There's flickering going on the 2D HUD.

I've updated to the latest drivers and everything.

Is my GPU faulty?

Solution
so i decided to run the game (arkham knight) and go exactly at the same spot. the same flickering also exist on my system. but the way i see it that "flickering" might not be a graphical glitch but instead it seems it was design to mimic certain light effect. i tried to play around with the angle and move batman closer to the "flickering" area and when i change the scene to the area without those flickering the flickering effect now reflected on batman's armor. i think they probably want to create those lighting effect from the broken screen/TV near the scene.

with xenoverse you mention that the flickering gone when the refesh rates being change to 144hz. that probably issue on high refresh rates monitor when running at lower refresh...

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
have you tried doing clean driver install? sometimes instability like this can happen to factory overclocked cards under certain conditions. that's why i ask what the exact model of 3060 you had.
This is the one I have:

The ASUS Rog Strix RTX 3060.

Tried a clean driver install, didn't help.

I have a 144hz display, could that possibly be causing problems?

What could cause 99% of the scene to be rendered correctly, but still have flickering?

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
It happens when the GPU is at low temps. For instance, it will happen when the GPU is around 55c.

The Xenoverse 2 issue seemed to be fixed when I set the refresh speed of my display to 144hz instead of 60hz. However, the Arkham Knight issue still remains.

so i decided to run the game (arkham knight) and go exactly at the same spot. the same flickering also exist on my system. but the way i see it that "flickering" might not be a graphical glitch but instead it seems it was design to mimic certain light effect. i tried to play around with the angle and move batman closer to the "flickering" area and when i change the scene to the area without those flickering the flickering effect now reflected on batman's armor. i think they probably want to create those lighting effect from the broken screen/TV near the scene.

with xenoverse you mention that the flickering gone when the refesh rates being change to 144hz. that probably issue on high refresh rates monitor when running at lower refresh rates rather than it's maximum value. with my 144hz monitor when forced to run at 60hz i noticed that my game color suddenly having this very wash out color.

Last edited:
Solution

mike2012

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012

with xenoverse you mention that the flickering gone when the refesh rates being change to 144hz. that probably issue on high refresh rates monitor when running at lower refresh rates rather than it's maximum value. with my 144hz monitor when forced to run at 60hz i noticed that my game color suddenly having this very wash out color.
Ah, so it's probably just an issue with Arkham Knight then not the GPU?