• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Flickering in games with new MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34"

Jun 28, 2020
Hello. I'm getting some flickering while gaming. I'm using a MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34" I recently upgraded to.

Was working fine at 100hz. Today, I was cleaning out old programs, and uninstalled the software for my old monitor. (LG Onscreen control.) Since doing that, my screen will now flicker when I have a game running. Annoyingly so. I reinstalled the display driver, as well as the Nvidia driver and neither helped. When I boot in safe mode, there's no flicker. After messing around, if I put the refresh rate from 100 to 60, the flicker goes away. I can't figure out why previously 100hz was fine before uninstalling the unnecessary software, but now something isn't. Any suggestions?? It's driving me crazy. The monitor isn't listed as Gsync compatible, but everything I've read says it should be without issue. Any advice is appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS