Question Flickering lines on screen

Dec 30, 2021
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwE1RCDyZUs

Currently my laptop screen shows the problem like the video above: There are some blacklines keep flickering in a zone near bottom edge of it.
This problem normally starts appearing after me using the laptop for about 15 to 30 minutes.
I had took some screenshot or video recordings, but it doesn't show this issue.
I am using an HP Omen 15T version 2017, with i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti,a 120Hz screen and running windows 10.
Any help is really appreciated and I thank you in advance for taking a bit of your time to help me out if you can

Last edited:

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
Well, i dont think i can help you sadly, but i recommend that you edit your post and put out more info, what windows u using, what hardware the laptop has and so on.
I guess u using the actual laptop-monitor and not an extra monitor connected to your laptop? If you don't, maybe try that, plug in a extra monitor and if the issue is still there u will know it's not a actual display issue and the issue is most likely from the hardware of the laptop itself. It looks abit like screentearing tho which usually has to do with vsync / fps and so on, read up on that. (I'm not sure this is the issue, i'm just giving you ideas)

Reactions: Ratabruh
Dec 30, 2021
Well, i dont think i can help you sadly, but i recommend that you edit your post and put out more info, what windows u using, what hardware the laptop has and so on.
I guess u using the actual laptop-monitor and not an extra monitor connected to your laptop? If you don't, maybe try that, plug in a extra monitor and if the issue is still there u will know it's not a actual display issue and the issue is most likely from the hardware of the laptop itself. It looks abit like screentearing tho which usually has to do with vsync / fps and so on, read up on that. (I'm not sure this is the issue, i'm just giving you ideas)
Thank you for your reply a lot.
I tried some instruction about fixing screentearing yesterday, but they didn't work, so that may not be the problem.
It is sad that I'm in a quarantine zone so i can't go out to check the problem by an extra mornitor, but i will do that and update later :'>.

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
Thank you for your reply a lot.
I tried some instruction about fixing screentearing yesterday, but they didn't work, so that may not be the problem.
It is sad that I'm in a quarantine zone so i can't go out to check the problem by an extra mornitor, but i will do that and update later :'>.
Ah sad :/ Hope it works out for you man!